- news & events
- find & connect
- inspiring women
inspiring women fellowships
veski delivers the inspiring women fellowships, funded by the Victorian Government through the Office of the Lead Scientist Victoria, to meet a strong need to assist outstanding female leaders in STEM juggling career and carer commitments, so they can pursue their science and technology careers.
Applications for 2015 are now closed and the inaugural inspiring women fellowships were presented by the Governor of Victoria on 3 December 2015.
- Read about the inaugural inspiring women fellows
- Criteria for 2015 and key dates for applicants
- Article: Flexibility key to balancing research career with care
- Victorian Government Lead Scientist video
The inspiring women fellowships provide an opportunity for female leaders to remain competitive in their field, enhance the current talent pool and affect cultural change.
Applicants are sought from early to mid-career female researchers and scientists who are experiencing difficulties balancing commitments or who may have compounding reasons for needing support.
Candidates must be linked to Victoria’s innovation and knowledge base or technological strengths, have plans for collaboration and translation of work or research programs, have potential for engaging and fostering the next generation of scientists in Victoria, and have international recognition and standing in their peer group.
The inspiring women fellowship program offers each fellow up to $150,000 over three years.
The fellowship can be used for activities including:
- funding a research assistant
- paying for childcare (up to $15,000 per annum)
- support for relevant IT purchases
- support for relevant-related travel to international/national conferences including family/carer expenses)
- PhD scholarships and/or to
- fund a replacement of their teaching and administrative duties.