veski was officially launched on 10 May 2004 and continues to receive annual funding from the State Government of Victoria, which it builds upon through strategic partnerships and collaborations with business, academic and philanthropic organisations.
Vision and mission
veski’s vision is to foster an innovation economy.
Our mission is to identify globally competitive individuals and leading researchers and bring them to Victoria for the benefit of the Australian economy.
Each year, veski delivers a dynamic program of fellowships, awards and international networks including the veski innovation fellowships. This established and prestigious program brings Australian expatriates and leading researchers, with outstanding skills in science and innovative technology, typically in the top five percent of their respective fields, to Victoria.
Goals and objectives
veski’s goals are to:
- Promoting and attracting globally competitive applicants for a range of prestigious fellowships
- Championing globally competitive scientists and researchers during visits to Victoria
- Providing the veski family with access to, and advice on, engaging with local networks for maximum impact and exposure
- developing creative linkages between representatives of the science, business and innovation communities
- establishing ongoing and mutually beneficial relationships with world leading specialists
- creating a collaborative environment within the veski family
- maintaining and developing partnerships with Victorian Host Organisations
- promoting and leveraging the veski family to inspire Victoria’s future innovators
- promoting and encouraging the work of the veski family and supporting related programs and world first initiatives
- ensuring a significant return on our investments