veski fellows in the media
Our veski innovation, inspiring women and sustainable agriculture fellows, veski connection members and veski board members often appear in the media:
- Professor Mark Dawson elected as a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science.
- Professors’ Andrew Holmes AC FRS FAA and Mark Dawson received Australian Academy of Science honorific awards for their outstanding contributions to science.
- Professor Emily Nicholson author of First-ever global catalogue of ecosystems to enable coordinated conservation efforts: Global Ecosystem Typology – Deakin University
- Professor Ben Marsland publishes research in Nature Immunology; Protection against asthma from gut metabolism by-product – Monash University
- Dr Vihandha Wickramasinghe receives two NHMRC Ideas Grants for research into mRNAs and circRNAs– Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Associate Professor Ethan Goddard-Borger receives NHMRC Ideas Grant; Repurposing and re-optimising drugs that disrupt glycoprotein folding to treat COVID-19 – WEHI
- Associate Professor Seth Masters receives NHMRC Ideas Grant – WEHI
- Professor Roger Pocock receives NHMRC Ideas Grant – Monash University
- Professor Ben Marsland receives NHMRC Ideas Grant – Monash University
- Professor Natalie Hannan publishes ‘Nanoparticles in pregnancy: the next frontier in reproductive therapeutics’ in Human Reproduction Update – The University of Melbourne
- Professor Colby Zaph publishes ‘The Methyltransferase DOT1L Controls Activation and Lineage Integrity in CD4+ T Cells during Infection and Inflammation’ in Cell Reports – Monash University
- Professor Emma Sciberras publishes ‘Social and Economic Costs of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Across the Lifespan’ in the Journal of Attention Disorders – Deakin University
- Professor Kenneth Crozier receives ARC Discovery Project funding – The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Timothy Scott receives ARC Discovery Project funding – Monash University
- Professor Colette McKay speaks to David Astle on ABC Evenings on The auditory breakthrough that could help newborns hear for the first time – Bionics Institute
- Professor Mark Dawson receives a prestigious Prime Minister’s Prize for Science, the 2020 Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year – PeterMacCallum Cancer Centre
- Associate Professor Seth Masters publishes a paper in Cell ‘TDP-43 Triggers Mitochondrial DNA Release via mPTP to Activate cGAS/STING in ALS’ – WEHI
- Dr Vihandha Wickramasinghe publishes ‘RNA in Cancer’ paper in Nature Reviews Cancer – Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Professor Cameron Simmons: The World Mosquito Program announced an extremely promising result from a gold-standard Randomised Controlled Trial conducted over 3 years in Yogyakarta City. The result shows a 77% reduction in dengue incidence in Wolbachia treated communities – Monash University
- Professor Ben Marsland publishes ‘Microbes, metabolites, and the gut–lung axis’, the 5th most read paper in the journal Mucosal Immunology in 2020 – Monash University
- Professor Cameron Simmons: The World Mosquito Program selected as one of 6 finalists in the global competition for the $US100 million 100&Change grant – Monash University
- Professor Mark Dawson – Australian Government injects MRFF funding into STEM cell research – The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Seth Masters publishes in Nature Communications – The University of Melbourne
- Professor Mark Dawson, veski innovation fellow and Dr Sarah Jane Dawson, veski connected community member receives NHMRC funding – Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Associate Professor Emma Sciberras receives MRFF Investigator Grant – Deakin University
- Professor Mark Shackleton – Lifesaving trial moves to Tasmania – Alfred Health
- Associate Professor Ethan Goddard-Borger publishes paper ‘Trefoil factors share a lectin activity that defines their role in mucus’ in Nature Communications – WEHI
- Professor Ben Marsland publishes paper ‘Skin emollient and early complementary feeding to prevent infant atopic dermatitis (PreventADALL): a factorial, multicentre, cluster-randomised trial’ in The Lancet – Monash University
- Professor Mark Dawson – Australia-First Winner of Global Haematology Award – Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Professor Ben Marsland – #1 most read paper of 2019 – Nature Mucosal Immunology publication – Nature Mucosal Immunology
- Associate Professor Matthew Call publishes paper ‘Novel drivers and modifiers of MPL-dependent oncogenic transformation identified by deep mutational scanning’ in the journal Blood – WEHI
- Associate Professor Ross Dickins, veski innovation fellow and Associate Professor Catherine Satzke, veski inspiring women fellow receive NHMRC Ideas Grant.
- Associate Professor Roger Pocock, veski innovation fellow receives ARC Discovery Project and NHMRC Ideas Grant.
- Important research understanding why men get more cancer than women – Dr Sue Haupt, Franco Caramia and Dr Ygal Haupt, veski innovation fellow published in Nature Communications – Peter MacCallum.
- Making things with light: Engineer returns home to develop ‘genuine 3D printing’ – Associate Professor Timothy Scott – @AuManufacturing
- veski innovation fellow Richard Sandberg awarded an INCITE project – the University of Melbourne & Oakridge National Laboratory US.
- Professor Kenneth Crozier is Chief Investigator for New ARC Centre of Excellence – University of Melbourne.
- Professor Ben Marlsand publishes a paper in Nature Immunology, ‘The influence of the microbiome on respiratory health’ – Monash University.
- Professor Cameron Simmons receives an NHMRC Investigator Grant.
- Assoc Prof Natalie Hannan announced as Associate Dean, Diversity and Inclusion – The University of Melbourne
- Assoc Prof Ross Dickins publishes a paper in Cell Stem Cell identifying an important new concept relevant to clinicians involved in the diagnosis and treatment of AML patients – Monash University.
- Associate Professor Timothy Scott receives an NHMRC Future Fellowship – Monash University
- Assoc Prof Emma Sciberras develops a new podcast on practical classroom adjustments to ensure inclusion of children with ADHD – Deakin University.
- Assoc Prof Natalie Hannan recognised with two prestigious awards – awarded the 2019 Melbourne Medical School Strategic Grants for Outstanding Women, as well as the International Federation of Placenta Associations, Andrèe Gruslin Award for 2019.
- Protecting the proteins that protect us from cancer – CSIROscope and PeterMacCallum Cancer Centre
- Team led by Professor Christopher McNeill uncover an important breakthrough in fundamental physics that further paves the way for the development of next-generation flexible, wearable devices powered by ‘spintronics’ – Paper published in Nature Physics– Monash University.
- Apoplasmic and simplasmic phloem unloading mechanisms: Do they co-exist in Angeleno plums under demanding environmental conditions? – Journal of Plant Physiology – Professor Luca Corelli Grappadelli
- New weight loss pill launched in Australia, Professor Michael Cowley – 9news – Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2019
- Professor Tiffany Walsh features in Women in biointerface science – Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University