Study Melbourne Research Partnerships
About the Study Melbourne Research Partnerships Program
In partnership with Study Melbourne, veski is delivering the Study Melbourne Research Partnerships program, awarding $2.8m in major research projects between Victorian public institutions and international industry or institutional partners.
This scheme will provide Victorian Education Providers with vital support for international research partnerships and projects – building strategic international relationships in future growth regions.
The successful recipients will drive international research collaboration, establish or deepen strategic offshore partnerships for Victorian educational institutions, and strengthen the prestigious global rankings and reputation of Victoria’s public universities and TAFEs.
Successful recipients demonstrated that their project is consistent with the overall program guidelines, aligned to their institution’s international engagement strategy and involves collaboration with at least one international organisation, (which may include an education institution, research body and/or an industry organisation) to be delivered over 12 months.
Each research project includes a financial or in-kind contribution from the Victorian Education Provider and/or International Project Partner.
Opportunities from the Study Melbourne Research Partnerships Program
At the end of the 12-month program, each Study Melbourne Research Partnerships funding recipient will demonstrate some or all of the following outcomes and benefits, reflecting the success of the program:
- Strategic activation of an existing or newly established international research partnership between the Victorian Education Provider and their International Project Partner;
- Evidence of research project internationalisation and/or commercialisation with defined project outputs, aligned to Victoria’s research, trade and investment priorities, including potential profiling events, publications and/or citations;
- Strengthened education market access and increased awareness of the research strengths of Victorian Education Providers in key markets as a result of Victorian international research engagement;
- Attraction of high-quality post-graduate research students to study in Victoria; and
- Diversification of the Victorian Education Provider’s international education engagement and portfolio activities.
Recipients in 2021
Learn more about the 15 researchers who have been awarded a Study Melbourne Research Partnerships program grant in 2021.
Read the media release here.
Below we highlight five of these deserving individuals – check out these incredible partnerships
- Holmesglen Institute with Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC), Canada
- Deakin University with Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
- Victoria University with CyberDyne and University of Tsukuba, Japan.
- Swinburne University of Technology with Jeonbuk National University, South Korea
- Deakin University with Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) and MELD Manufacturing Inc., USA
Study Melbourne Research Partnerships documentation
Access the program FAQs
Project Governance Group
Meet the members of the Study Melbourne Research Partnerships Program – Project Governance Group.