DAAD – VIC Research Funding Scheme FAQs

Q. Who is eligible to apply for a DAAD – VIC Research Funding scheme?

A. Academics researching at a Victorian university with a conferred PhD are eligible to apply.

Q. What area of research is the Funding scheme open for?

A. The Program is open to all academic fields of research.

Q. Do I need a German partner to apply for this funding scheme?

A. Visits are on a reciprocal basis; Applications from a Victorian faculty can only be accepted when a German faculty also applies for the Program at the same time. Each project must include one German and one Victorian exchange academic collaborating on the same research.

Academics from Victoria must be working at a Victorian university on a genuinely collaborative research project with German partners, not furthering their individual research in Germany.

Q. Does the funding cover my international travel expenses?

A. The outward and return journey is borne by your Victorian institution.

Q. As a successful funding recipient, when am I able to travel to Germany?

A. This current round is for travel between May 2023 – Jan 2024 inclusive.

Academics from the Victorian and German universities entering into the Program will agree on the dates, duration and purpose of the exchange of the Program. The duration of the exchange stay may not be less than fourteen days and may not be more than three months. The duration of each exchange may be different, if agreed by both universities

Q. Where is my application information stored?

A. The application documents remain with the DAAD. The applicant’s personal data is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.


For more FAQs from the DAAD – please click here.