Falling Walls Lab Victoria – Eligibility
For outstanding scholars, researchers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators from Victoria and South Australia
Fields of research
Candidates should be research active in any field of the natural sciences, including technology, engineering and medicine, or social sciences and the humanities.
- Not a previous presenter at any Falling Walls Lab*;
- Bachelor’s and Master’s students, PhD candidates, post-docs, and early-career professionals;
- Must be 18 years or older with citizenship/permanent residency in an Australian state (Victorian residents for Falling Walls Lab Victoria) or hold a valid Australian student or working visa as long as they were based in Australia at the time of application and at the time of the Falling Walls events in Canberra (1 Sept 2021) and Berlin (7 November 2021).
- Groups are not allowed to present at a Falling Walls Lab. Only a single person can apply and present. Presenters must outline their own contribution if a project was a group effort.
*If an applicant presented at an international Falling Walls Lab or at the Falling Walls Lab finale before December 2019, they are not allowed to apply/participate again. Those who participated in a 2020 Lab and remain eligible based on the other criteria will remain eligible to apply to an international Lab in 2021. This eligibility rule change will take effect in 2021 and will only be valid for that year.
There is no upper age limit for applicants but must fulfil at least one of the following formal requirements:
- currently enrolled in university and/or are currently a postdoc
- received a Bachelor’s degree no more than 10 years ago
- received a Master’s degree no more than 7 years ago*
- received a PhD no more than 5 years ago*
*An MD (medical degree excl. a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a Master’s degree. Dr. med. (medical degree incl. a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a PhD.
Applications for Falling Walls Lab Victoria 2021 are now CLOSED.
Watch the live streamed event Monday, 16 August 2021 – here.